Turducken Cooking Tips
Cooking Tips for Turducken
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Place Turducken in baking pan. Place pan in the middle of oven. Bake until internal temperature exceeds 170º F.
- As a guideline, calculate 15 minutes for every pound, so a 12 lbs. Turducken takes approx. 3 hours. Reduce the baking temperature slightly for larger ones.
- Baste every hour to keep the Turducken moist.
- When done, remove from oven and allow it to rest for 20 minutes before removing from the baking dish.
- Meanwhile, make the gravy with some of the pan drippings.
- With strong spatulas inserted underneath (there are no bones to support the bird’s structure), carefully transfer to a serving platter. Remove the strings and stitching (be careful), then present Turducken to your guests before carving. Carve Turducken crosswise so that each slice contains all three meats.
Note: For frozen Turducken please allow 2-3 days to defrost in your fridge.
Using a meat thermometer is highly recommended.
Any questions? Call us at 403-678-9989